This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives.
Earning AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty validates expertise in designing and maintaining network architecture for the breadth of AWS services.
Who should take this exam?
AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty is intended for individuals who perform complex networking tasks with five years of hands-on experience architecting and implementing network solutions. Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- Professional experience using AWS technology, AWS security best practices, AWS storage options and their underlying consistency models, and AWS networking nuances and how they relate to the integration of AWS services.
- Knowledge of advanced networking architectures and interconnectivity options [e.g., IP VPN, multiprotocol label switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN service (VPLS)].
- Familiarity with the development of automation scripts and tools. This should include the design, implementation, and optimization of the following: Routing architectures (including static and dynamic); multi-region solutions for a global enterprise; highly available connectivity solutions (e.g., AWS Direct Connect, VPN).
- Knowledge of CIDR and sub-netting (IPv4 and IPv6); IPv6 transition challenges; and generic solutions for network security features, including AWS WAF, intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), DDoS protection, and economic denial of service/sustainability (EDoS).
What does it take to earn this certification?
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty exam (ANS-C00).
The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response. Additional information, such as the exam content outline and passing score, is in the exam guide.
Review sample questions that demonstrate the format of the questions used on this exam and include rationales for the correct answers.
Length: 170 minutes to complete the exam
Cost: 300 USD
Visit Exam pricing for additional cost information.
Format: 65 questions, either multiple choice or multiple response
Delivery method: Pearson VUE and PSI; testing center or online proctored exam
This exam is offered in the following languages: English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
Prepare for your exam
You’ve set your goal. Now it’s time to build knowledge and skills to propel your career.
Check out these resources from AWS Training and Certification that are relevant to AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty.
It’s not required to take any specific training before you take an exam.
These recommended resources are opportunities to learn from the experts at AWS.
- EXAM GUIDE: AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty Exam Guide
- SAMPLE QUESTIONS: AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty Sample Questions
- DIGITAL TRAINING: Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
DIGITAL AND CLASSROOM TRAINING
Build your technical skills with training for advanced networking. Access 15+ digital and classroom courses to learn from AWS experts and advance your networking skills.
- Best Practices for VPCs and Networking in Amazon WorkSpaces Deployments
- Building a Scalable and Secure Multi-VPC AWS Network Infrastructure
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud Connectivity Options
- AWS Best Practices for DDoS Resiliency
- High Performance Computing on AWS Redefines What is Possible
Best AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty Books 2022
The official study guide for the AWS certification specialty exam.
The AWS Certified Advanced Networking Official Study Guide – Specialty Exam helps to ensure your preparation for the AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty Exam.
Expert review of AWS fundamentals align with the exam objectives, and detailed explanations of key exam topics merge with real-world scenarios to help you build the robust knowledge base you need to succeed on the exam—and in the field as an AWS Certified Networking specialist.
Coverage includes the design, implementation, and deployment of cloud-based solutions; core AWS services implementation and knowledge of architectural best practices; AWS service architecture design and maintenance; networking automation; and more.
You also get one year of free access to Sybex’s online interactive learning environment and study tools, which features flashcards, a glossary, chapter tests, practice exams, and a test bank to help you track your progress and gauge your readiness as exam day grows near.
The AWS credential validates your skills surrounding AWS and hybrid IT network architectures at scale.
The exam assumes existing competency with advanced networking tasks, and assesses your ability to apply deep technical knowledge to the design and implementation of AWS services.
This book provides comprehensive review and extensive opportunities for practice, so you can polish your skills and approach exam day with confidence.
- Study key exam essentials with expert insight
- Understand how AWS skills translate to real-world solutions
- Test your knowledge with challenging review questions
- Access online study tools, chapter tests, practice exams, and more
Technical expertise in cloud computing, using AWS, is in high demand, and the AWS certification shows employers that you have the knowledge and skills needed to deliver practical, forward-looking cloud-based solutions.
The AWS Certified Advanced Networking Official Study Guide – Specialty Exam helps you learn what you need to take this next big step for your career.