This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives.
Earning AWS Certified Developer – Associate validates the ability to write and deploy cloud-based applications.
Who should take this exam?
AWS Certified Developer – Associate is intended for anyone with one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language.
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses of the services, and basic AWS architecture best practices, including the AWS Shared Responsibility Model, application lifecycle management, and the use of containers in the development process.
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS and writing code for serverless applications.
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services and use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications.
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code.
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS.
What does it take to earn this certification?
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Developer – Associate exam. (DVA-C01). The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response. Additional information, such as the exam content outline and passing score, is in the exam guide.
Review sample questions that demonstrate the format of the questions used on this exam and include rationales for the correct answers.
Length: 130 minutes to complete the exam
Cost: 150 USD
Visit Exam pricing for additional cost information.
Format: 65 questions, either multiple choice or multiple response
Delivery method: Pearson VUE and PSI; testing center or online proctored exam
This exam is offered in the following languages: English, French (France), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese, and Spanish (Latin America).
Prepare for your exam
You’ve set your goal. Now it’s time to build knowledge and skills to propel your career.
Check out these resources from AWS Training and Certification that are relevant to AWS Certified Developer – Associate.
These recommended resources are opportunities to learn from the experts at AWS, but It’s not required to take take any specific training before you take an exam.
- EXAM GUIDE: AWS Certified Developer – Associate Exam Guide
- SAMPLE QUESTIONS: AWS Certified Developer – Associate Sample Questions
- PRACTICE: AWS Certified Developer – Associate Official Practice Question Set
- DIGITAL TRAINING: Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- WEBINAR: Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Developer – Associate
AWS training for developers:
- DIGITAL TRAINING: AWS Technical Essentials
- DIGITAL TRAINING: Introduction to AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- DIGITAL TRAINING: Introduction to Containers
- DIGITAL TRAINING: Introduction to Serverless Development
- DIGITAL TRAINING: Amazon Elastic Container Services (ECS) Primer
- AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Practicing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery on AWS
- Microservices on AWS
- Serverless Architectures with AWS Lambda
- Optimizing Enterprise Economics with Serverless Architectures
Best AWS Certified Developer – Associate Books 2022
The AWS exam has been updated. Your study guide should be, too.
The AWS Certified Developer Official Study Guide–Associate Exam is your ultimate preparation resource for the latest exam!
Covering all exam objectives, this invaluable resource puts a team of AWS experts at your side with expert guidance, clear explanations, and the wisdom of experience with AWS best practices.
You’ll master core services and basic architecture, and equip yourself to develop, deploy, and debug cloud-based applications using AWS.
The AWS Developer certification is earned by those who demonstrate the technical knowledge and skill associated with best practices for building secure, reliable cloud-based applications using AWS technology.
This book is your official exam prep companion, providing everything you need to know to pass with flying colors.
Set yourself apart by becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Take the next step in your career by expanding and validating your skills on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud.
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Study Guide Exam CLF-C01provides a solid introduction to this industry-leading technology, relied upon by thousands of businesses across the globe, as well as the resources you need to prove your knowledge in the AWS Certification Exam.
This guide offers complete and thorough treatment of all topics included in the exam, beginning with a discussion of what the AWS cloud is and its basic global infrastructure and architectural principles.
Other chapters dive into the technical, exploring core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud Platform, as well as basic security and compliance aspects and the shared security model. In addition, the text identifies sources of documentation or technical assistance, such as white papers or support tickets.