This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for implementing cloud initiatives.
Earning AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional validates the ability to design, deploy, and evaluate applications on AWS within diverse, complex requirements.
Who should take this exam?
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional is intended for individuals with two or more years of hands-on experience designing and deploying cloud architecture on AWS.
Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- Familiarity with AWS CLI, AWS APIs, AWS CloudFormation templates, the AWS Billing Console, the AWS Management Console, a scripting language, and Windows and Linux environments.
- Ability to provide best practice guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications and projects of the enterprise as well as an ability to map business objectives to application/architecture requirements.
- Ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on AWS.
- Ability to design a hybrid architecture using key AWS technologies (e.g., VPN, AWS Direct Connect) as well as a continuous integration and deployment process.
What does it take to earn this certification?
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – A
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional exam (SAP-C01).
The exam features a combination of two question formats: multiple choice and multiple response.
Additional information, such as the exam content outline and passing score, is in the exam guide.
Review sample questions that demonstrate the format of the questions used on this exam and include rationales for the correct answers.
Length: 180 minutes to complete the exam
Cost: 300 USD
Visit Exam pricing for additional cost information.
Format: 75 questions, either multiple choice or multiple response
Delivery method: Pearson VUE and PSI; testing center or online proctored exam
This exam is offered in the following languages: English, French (France), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Simplified Chinese, and Spanish (Latin America).
Prepare for your exam
You’ve set your goal. Now it’s time to build knowledge and skills to propel your career.
Check out these resources from AWS Training and Certification that are relevant to AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional.
It’s not required to take any specific training before you take an exam. These recommended resources are opportunities to learn from the experts at AWS.
- EXAM GUIDE: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Exam Guide
- SAMPLE QUESTIONS: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Sample Questions
- PRACTICE: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional Official Practice Question Set
- DIGITAL TRAINING: Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- WEBINAR: Exam Readiness: AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
Best AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Books 2022
Study Guide with Practice Questions & Labs – Volume 1 of 2 :
Design for Organizational Complexity,
New Solutions, and Migration – Third Edition 2021