This credential helps organizations identify and develop talent with critical skills for
implementing cloud initiatives.
Earning AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
demonstrates experience deploying, managing, and operating workloads on AWS.
Who should take this exam?
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate is intended for system administrators in cloud operations roles to validate technical skills. Before you take this exam, we recommend you have:
- A minimum of one year of hands-on experience with AWS technology
- Experience deploying, managing, and operating workloads on AWS as well as implementing security controls and compliance requirements
- Familiarity with using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework as well as AWS networking and security services
What does it take to earn this certification?
To earn this certification, you’ll need to take and pass the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam.
The exam features a combination of three possible question formats, including multiple choice, multiple response, and exam labs.
Exam labs allow you to showcase your skills by building solutions using the AWS Management Console and AWS Command Line Interface (CLI).
Additional information, such as the exam content outline and passing score, is in the exam guide.
Length: 180 minutes to complete the exam
Cost: 150 USD
Visit Exam pricing for additional cost information.
Format: 65 scoring opportunities that may be multiple choice, multiple response, or exam lab
Delivery method: Pearson VUE testing center or online proctored exam
This exam is offered in the following languages: English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
Prepare for your exam
You’ve set your goal. Now it’s time to build knowledge and skills to propel your career.
Check out these resources from AWS Training and Certification that are relevant to AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate.
It’s not required to take take any specific training before you take an exam.
These recommended resources are opportunities to learn from the experts at AWS.
- Download the exam guide » (free)
- Download the sample questions » (free)
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate Official Practice Question Set » (free)
Training built by AWS experts
- AWS Technical Essentials digital training » (free)
- Systems Operations on AWS classroom training » (paid)
- Exam Readiness: AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate digital training » (free) OR
- Attend an Exam Readiness webinar » (free)
AWS technical documentation
- AWS Well-Architected Framework » (free)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud Connectivity Options » (free)
- How AWS Pricing Works » (free)
Best AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate Books 2022
Comprehensive, interactive exam preparation and so much more.
The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Official Study Guide: Associate Exam is a comprehensive exam preparation resource.
This book bridges the gap between exam preparation and real-world readiness, covering exam objectives while guiding you through hands-on exercises based on situations you’ll likely encounter as an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
From deployment, management, and operations to migration, data flow, cost control, and beyond, this guide will help you internalize the processes and best practices associated with AWS.
The Sybex interactive online study environment gives you access to invaluable preparation aids, including an assessment test that helps you focus your study on areas most in need of review, and chapter tests to help you gauge your mastery of the material.
Study and prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate (SOA-C01) Exam.
You can prepare for test success with AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Practice Tests: Associate (SOA-C01) Exam.
It provides a total of 1,000 practice questions that get you ready for the exam.
The majority of questions are found within seven practice tests, which correspond to the seven AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate SOA-C01 Exam objective domains.
Additionally, you can take advantage of an extra practice exam, or utilize an online test bank as an additional study resource.
Practice tests allow you to demonstrate your knowledge and ability to:
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable and fault-tolerant systems on the service
- Implement and control data flow as it goes to and from AWS
- Choose the right AWS service depending upon requirements
- Identify the proper use of AWS best practices during operations
- Estimate AWS costs and pinpoint cost controls
- Migrate workloads to Amazon Web Services
As someone working to deliver cloud-based solutions, you can earn an AWS Certification to demonstrate your expertise with the technology.
The certification program recognizes proficiency in technical skills and knowledge related to best practices for building cloud-based applications with AWS.